Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered new leaf springs, shackles, spring insulator pads and U - bolts from ESPO on Monday. Today, Friday of the same week they arrived. Awesome service.

The springs have clamps that are very similar to the original style. Unlike the originals are the riveting method used to secure the leafs together. Also they are coated in some sort of black stuff while the originals are bare metal.

I will let you know how they work after installation.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I'm not impressed with the heavy duty set I got from a certain unnamed parts vendor. I'll probably just get another set from Espo... Those look niiiiiiice...

Once you get them installed, let us know if the cat actually sits level... Mine is off by a good 3/4 inch... :(

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way, springs were $140.00. Very good price, as much as $100.00 cheaper than the most expensive vendor.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I got my springs from ESPO and she sits nice and level. I powdercoated the wedges and spring pad brackets.

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They offered five leaf springs when I ordered.

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New ESPO springs are installed!

The springs are in. Nice ride quality, the car is sitting a little higher than it should but there is no insulation or carpet so it will be about right I believe.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Royce,

How large is your garage to house all your great cars? I know from living in the Kyanna area(Indiucky if you live in New Albany) most of my life that the weather isn't always the best. Looks like you have a nice den to keep the cats in.

Jim

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The garage in that picture is 30 X 60, the other one is 25 X 30.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I bought a set of ESPO springs awhile back for the m code and have not installed them yet. Glad to hear they sit well. Great den!!

Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts