Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought home another stray. This one is a Augusta Green XR7-G with 390 2V "X" code car. Came from the Macon Co. Georgia area. I will post pics soon!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
A very nice collection you have there Royce.
I beleive I notice a pattern, Hmmmm, let's see:
All 68's, all big blocks, all xr-7's, interesting..........
Very cool...!!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Royce,
hows the condition of the newest kitty? Plus i see you got 1 heck of a liking for 68`s well as long as its to your liking thats cool i am glad to hear you saved another kitty and going to be on the road doing what itdoes best. Snapping heads from on lookers and putting a smile on your face
thanks
pat

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The previous owner took the timing cover off because it had a miss. He found the timing chain to be in good shape and then forgot about the car. That was in 1998.

It is nice inside, new (in 1998) set upholstery from Ken's Cougars. Has a dime sized rust hole in the right rear quarter in the front of the wheelwell. Vinyl top is bad. It is missing the special "G" mirror and hood pins. Otherwise all in good shape, needs a paint job. The exhaust looks new, 2 1/4" with Walker turbo mufflers. Tires and wheels are new, in 1998.

Will see what the engine is like inside this week, I will pull it out.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
That's great Royce.....congratulations. Glad you made it back home in one piece. Does your new "G" have a sunroof? Looking forward to seeing it sometime soon.

·
Registered
648 Posts
You know Royce, if you really wanted an 'X' code XR7 we coulda worked out a trade for one of them GT-Es...:)

In any event, welcome to that eXclusive eXceptional group of X owners. This is the ONLY place where reference to an 'ex' is allowed :)

Ken

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Congrats!
Wish, I could afford all those cats!:p:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I'll give you the link to the xr7-G registry.lolololol Congrat's Royce.
Jon

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's a picture

Honest honey, it followed me home!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Hey, Royce. If your a little tight on room, I would be more than happy to take one or two of those 68's out of your way...

Bruce

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
LOVE the wheels on it Royce. those are probably the only ones id trade the SS wheels i have on the 67 for.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Sweet, sweet car. Carefull it dosn't jump off the trailer
and bite someone. Congradulations great treasure!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Great looking Cat to add to your already-great collection! But I'm curious...what's that white stuff all over your lawn?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Sweet Royce!

·
Banned
52 Posts
Looks to be another Great find Royce !
Does this one include a power moonroof option?

It's good to know, one more of these rare cats will be on the prowl again soon.

:ylsup:

Mike

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
OK Royce. We all want to know, but I guess I'm the one to ask.......

How Much? (If ya don't mind tooo much!)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts