Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm struggling with deciding what to do about my interior and would like some input. I have a '68 standard that was "restored" about 25 years ago. This was not your regular restoration since the vinyl was all replaced with a two-tone cloth all around and an XR-7 dash installed. This car is also a bench seat model that had the decor interior from the factory.

The thing is that although the cloth is still in excellent shape it has become real faded in areas like the tops of the door panels. At one time I wanted to find some decor door panels and interior quarter panels and bring the interior back close to original but it seems near impossible to find decent panels even if you are willing to dye them. So I am now considering a classic custom interior overhaul in a two tone blue but I am stuck on ideas for the design. I have looked high and low for some examples to get me started but all I have found are exact restoratons or wild customs. I want mine to be classic and feel like an elegant 70s muscle car.

I would really like to see some interiors that others think have achieved this, not that I want to copy, but just to get me started down a path.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
That is what I was looking for as well when I did my interior back in 1990 on my 68 Cougar. Originally a blue decor interior. I changed to a different color of blue to go with the exterior color and added white to break it up some. I tryied to keep it looking like a stock theme.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice Boss. A little along the lines I started thinking about. I would like to see if I could find the basket weave chrome trim or have it sort of reproduced so that I could tie in the original decor look on the front and rear panels.
I appreciate your sharing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts