Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

new here, and at this.

i just got myself a 68 cougar XR7 that is a lot like my first car.

for the picture lovers, http://www.motortopia.com/johnboy

when i saw the ad while surfing, it reminded me of my first car. i went and got in Victoria, BC, and drove it 4200 Km home.

it has been waiting for over 2 months for a few nitpicking (i think) repairs to get it plated in Quebec. I finally got mad, and bought the parts myself.

this site helped a lot. if all goes well, I should be able to drive it within 2 weeks. I had forgotten how sweet a ride it was.

I actually saw and bought it on the day of my 55th birthday. I guess this is as close as i will ever get to freedom 55...

cheers to all.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I called mine ('70XR7) my mid life crisis, and my wife said that she was glad it wasn't another woman. Welcome to the Cougar Group Therapy...take a number and someone will be with you soon...;-)

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Looks like a nice ride. Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Welcome in and happy birthday! Looks like a sweet kitty - madras blue is one of my favorite Cougar colors, and it looks great with the black vinyl top. See you around!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nice looking cat, and welcome to the madness!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Nice lookin' car! Happy Birthday and all that good stuff :beer:

I called mine ('70XR7) my mid life crisis, and my wife said that she was glad it wasn't another woman. Welcome to the Cougar Group Therapy...take a number and someone will be with you soon...;-)
Yeah, my wife is accusing me of being in a mid-life crisis! I keep telling her "Not having a classic car has been a WHOLE life crisis!" ~ I've been wanting one for 20 years now, and have either been short of time, money, space, or a combination of the three. Now I have those three things, and just need the car!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Looks like a nice one. I love the color!

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the color seems to have been a bit of a reach from madras blue towards light aqua, to match the interior, i guess. i like it too

thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome ---I am new as well---------Nice Car-----My Blackhawks are currently passing around The Stanley Cup in you country---Good Luck with the Cat!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts