Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:1zhelp:
Hi, i am a new member, i need help, i just purchased my very first classic, and she is a beautiful 1967 Mercury Cougar, she is so beautiful, blue with a white top, and white interior, she came with a non runnin 390, but the guy also threw in a 427 big block, and i am a big big block fan, i need some help, :1zhelp: should i take out the 390 and hold on to this great motor, and then rebuild the 427, or just rebuild the 390 and go with it, any suggestions would be helpful, thank ya

·
Contributing Member
374 Posts
427 all the way !!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome on board,

For specifics about FE engines such as the 390 and 427 check out the FE forum at fomoco.com. There you can both search old postings as well as ask questions. Enjoy your new steed. If the 427 is rebuildable you are a very lucky fellow. I believe that good 427 cores are $2,000 or more, so pay really good attention during the rebuilding process.

·
11,000 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
put in the same CID as a chevy has AKA 427!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more cube more fun .......
thanks
pat

·
Registered
751 Posts
GO with the big guns, and share the little ones.... hmmm a 81 f150 w/ a 390?? Crazy, but fun. If you don't want the 390, let us know. Some poor cat probably needs one. My Clev's fine, but the 302 in the truck is starting to gripe. Mom wants a 351W for it... Maybe I can get a 390 from around here?

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Go with the 427. But if the 390 is original,
and you have the room, put it away..
You may change your mind in a few years...

Bruce

1 - 8 of 8 Posts