Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New guy....New 67!...I can't sleep!

Hi folks!...Glad to be here!

Found this site while looking up STUFF for my 67 coupe and thought....gee...why not!

My first car was a 68 cat back in 87 had it for a few years and sold it :( ....got into a 71 Javilin SST had that one for 5 years then a 71 Camaro RS for 8 years and now I'm back! YES!

I just found my 67 coupe the day after I sold my 71 RS! last Wed night and found the Coug owners add on a obscure google search...and the Kid I bought it from from was clueless on what he had! asking 3,000 ...my price...2,300.00 I should have said 1,500?

It's 90% factory with some minor body work done and new paint that can't be more than 6 years old! very stock! The black Interior is about a 8 with the bench seat, no belts...nor where there any holes in the carpet for them!...( could be after market), head liner 95% perfect!, only the two center Seq' turns work ( typical ) need to get the front passenger turn working...the turn motor is clicking ...that a bad start.

Sorry to freak out on my first post...but WOW! I can hardly sleep and I think Ive lost some weight too!:rolleyes:

All it needed was a new back glass, carb rebuild...did that the first night...PURS LIKE A KITTEN! :D

Lots to be done.. back to the garage! :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome to site!!! Lots of great folks with plenty of "tribal" knowledge here...

Congrats on the new cat sounds like you may have picked a winner.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Left Coast, Welcome to a very cool site. I like your taste in cars. (even the camaro) I had a 73 AMX. Great car... Love AMC's almost as much as Cougars... Anyway, just saying hello...

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
welcome to the site :D my inlaws have a 71 SST 304 auto, and my bro in law has a 72 AMX 401 auto. and a friend has a 71 camaro. Im glad you saw the light and got another Cougar ;) Have fun here, talk again soon.

Rick

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Welcome to the best cougar site in the world!!!! Sound like you have our desease.... We call it "CAT SCRATCH FEVER"

Don

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hello Sleepless in Seattle!! (sorry couldn't resist:D )

Welcome to the best cougar site around! Great to see another 67 join us:) Have fun with your coug and post some pictures soon.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the killer welcome guys! :D

I'm working on posting some pics on line right now....

After some cleaning and some minor buffing with the FINE polish it turns out that the color has a slight pearl in it! COOL! not factory but NICE!.....the original color was a light yellow cream. So its very close.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Hey SC, welcome to the best cougar site on the planet!! Glad to see another 67. And, don't worry about sleeping, there is almost always somebody on here. Come by anytime...

Bruce

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Hi Seattle Cat, welcome to the litter. Going to go check out your pics now.
Checked out the pics, extremely nice cougar, congrats.

I like your signature line, awhile back ours should have been, the wire goes here, and that ones goes there and the battery explodes.

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I bought my first Cat last week. I've been suffering from lack of sleep ever since! Hehe....

Previous AMC and Chebie owner huh? One of the things I've found amazing, is that no matter what brand people are loyal to. Almost everyone loves a Cat.

Anyways, welcome to the board....its a great place.

-Rob

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
COOL PIC!

Ive got the door and interior lights figured out!....now its on to the Sequencels!....OUCH!

I think I'm gonna like it here:D

·
Registered
794 Posts
Smokin' deal. The paint looks real good.

You are not the only cougar lunatic around here. Hey, who here is normal anyways?

Check out the link to my site below if you want to burn an hour of your life away.....

Austin

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SWEEEET!

Thanks! I feel like I have a different family.......except there is no yelling and screaming!;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts