Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new here and hope someone can help me with a few questions.:1zhelp: The first question is I bought a 67 Cougar that was already torn down before i got it. So i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get an assembly manual. Most of the car I am ok with because i have done a 69 Mustang before. The part i am having problems with is the under dash stuff like the A/C. My Mustang did not have A/C.
The second question is where can i find the vinyle top molding and how hard are they to come by? Should i just build the car without the vinyle top?
Third who are some good parts suppliers?
Thanks for all your help Mike :confused:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Go to E-bay, goto E-bay motors and search for a 67 Cougar assembly manual. They have wiring, interior, body and factory service manuals. Goto the links section for some good vendors, I like www.mustangsunlimited.com the best for me. There are lots of places to find stuff, several guys here have parts also, I've personally bought from eliminator guy (very honest and good to deal with) and Modified7 (very honest also). Goto the parts for sale forums here also. WELCOME... You'll like it here..
Scott

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hey Mike, WELCOME to the site! I haven't had the pleasure to reassemble my 67 but I have seen "Assembly Manuals" from various cougar parts vendors. Look on the home page and click on the "links", then "vendors". I've seen them in the Mustangs Unlimited catalogue. As for the vinyl top mouldings, I think your best bet is to get a good used set. Contact Don Rush at West Coast Classic Cougars. I'll bet he has a set. Maybe someone here would have a set as well. Putting the vinyl top back on is a personal choice. If you're going for the original, numbers matching look, then go ahead. I prefer a painted roof. AS for the part suppliers..."links". Others will surely have more suggestions for you.

Have fun with your coug, this is a great place to hang out and get info!

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts