Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wave:Hello all, I just realized that I started posting on existing threads before introducing myself to the group.

My wife, kids and I just moved to the Sacramento, CA area from Oregon. I have a 1968 XR-7 that I was able to purchase in May of 2002. I wanted a Cougar for 8 years prior to getting this one, and she was parked on a lot near my house. Every time we drove by it, I would drool and my wife would laugh at me. One day as i was drooling, instead of the customary laughing from my wife, she said "You really like that car, don't you? Why don't we see if we can get it for you." Ten minutes later I was test driving my dream car. two hours later, with some help form the bank (we were young and broke, didn't have the capital to buy outright), I was driving my dream car home. Needless to say, I love my wife.

Anyway, with the big move to Sacramento, I decided it was finally time to join this forum and do some branching out. As you will most likely find out in the next few months, I am full of information about cars in general, and will almost always put my two cents in, take it or leave it, it's up to you.

So I hope to get to know many of you and look forward to having a community of Cougar nuts to share information with and learn from.

Udo

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Welcome to the fraternity, Udo.
You'll find that there are tons of Cougar owners out there in Cali, and a bunch of them in your neighborhood.

Glad you have such a cool wife. I'm sure you realize that not everyone is as lucky. :wave:

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Udo, welcome to the madness.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Your wife compares favorably to the "lady" who told her husband to be that he had to sell his Cougar to pay for the wedding.. You sleep with a winner.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok, BigMatt, because you asked... here are some pictures of my kitty...

my cougar from the roof of my house (I thought it would look neat, it kinda does...)

the cat's meow... or what makes her meow (and, yes, that is a re- purposed Nalgene bottle standing in as a coolant puke-bucket)...

another picture taken on the same day, I just love her rims, but wish I could find a set in 15's...

and one I took shortly after i got her, all cleaned up and prettied in my in-law's back yard.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Your cougar is a beaut... I understand what you mean about your wife, I married a gal who loves cars as much as I do... In fact getting our Kitty was her suggestion.. Welcome to the community..
-Danny

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Same color as mine. Looks like it just needs a good wax job.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same color as mine. Looks like it just needs a good wax job.
Actually, she really needs paint. I'm about to pull the trunk lid to sand and prime, and I think her last paint job was a Maaco job (layers and layers!).

·
Registered
271 Posts
Welcome aboard! I'm in Woodland (just outside of Sac.)

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Actually, she really needs paint. I'm about to pull the trunk lid to sand and prime, and I think her last paint job was a Maaco job (layers and layers!).
I know what you mean. There is one spot on my roof that has the nicest paint but is under the top layer.

Still, I think a good wax job would make it look a lot better.

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Welcome to MC.net! Congratulations on getting your cat and on having snagged such a wife. We ECI's (East Coast Idiots - do a search and you'll understand the origin of the term) may not get to meet the Left Coasters much, but it's fun to meet here and exchange info and opinions. Keep us informed as you begin to work on your Cougar.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome! Where in Oregon are you from? Pay the shipping and we will be happy to give you the eyebrow moulding you appear to be missing for free.
Actually I'm from the Eugene area. And I believe I may have called you about a throttle kickdown, that is if you are with WCCC? Just shoot me a PM for the cost of the shipping and I think we can work something out. Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts