Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I view most of mc.net on a 3g mobile device. Since the new owners have taken over the webpages take very long to load. I log in to cut down the ads but that dose not help at all. Is anyone else having this type of problem? Is this going to be the "norm" now?
Steven

PS. Never had this problem in the past.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
SUPER-DOUBLE-DROOPY-DOG SLOW!!

I was just about to post, this thread looks like a good spot to do it.

I don't think it is a format thing, they only added one banner at the top, I think it is a hosting thing. Tell 'em to crank up the bandwidth Helena!!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
How 'bout adding a mobile friendly version while you're at it.

·
Administrator
304 Posts
what provider are you using? so we can track through our provider. It is working fine on our phone server.
we throw really high powered hardware and database hardware at our sites, but we will have a look and check what they might you are seeing

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use verizon. I have used the same phone since early 2010. Never had this type of problem before. I hope it is something that can be fixed soon.
Steven

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
My Verizon 3g seems to work just fine, no change from normal. Remember your 3g is based on cell reception. I use mine in my house and sometimes I have to put it on my window sill to get better reception if it seems slow.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only have trouble with mc.net. I have great service. Full service bars and this site still loads slow. I load other Classic Cougar fourms on a different site with no problem. It takes at least 2 minutes for the front page here to load.
Steven

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
no problem on xp pro, firefox, and cable Internet.
There does seem to be a small hickup on initial page load (ads), and a second one on login.

By hickup, I mean 1 or 2 seconds.

Jean

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
The Red Banner is off now. It was just fine before !

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
It's noticeably slower for me. I use Charter high speed and a hard cat5 connection to my lappy here at home instead of any wireless stuff.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have Time Warner cable for my internet. I see absolutely NO difference in load' sign on speed.
My phone on T mobile 3G is the same too. So I'm not sure why everyone else is having a problem.
I like how the people always seem to want to blame the new owners. With all the crazy weather
it could be just about anything.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I have Time Warner cable for my internet. I see absolutely NO difference in load' sign on speed.
My phone on T mobile 3G is the same too. So I'm not sure why everyone else is having a problem.
I like how the people always seem to want to blame the new owners. With all the crazy weather
it could be just about anything.
I blame you, Larney.
MM_tranny.jpg

·
Administrator
304 Posts
what search engine are you using?

Also what time of day? it could just be because we are still doing maintenance on the site, to bring it up to speed. If i know times i can cross reference, i need the time zone added

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am usually on between 9am and 2pm EST most days that I am not working. I noticed before Logan posted his message about selling the site it was shut down for maintenance. When I logged in before that period the bookmark on my mobile device took me to the fourm page. On that page I only had the fourms community, tech, bodywork, performance, den, storyboard and lost & found. I did not have the chat box, shoutout box and everything else. This was great for my mobile device. The other fourms did not show. I have tried to change back to this style in my panel settings, but no luck. I have no problem with speed on my home computer or the way the pages load. On my home pc it shows all the fourms and chat / shoutout boxes ect. It is only my mobile device that has this type of problem.
Thanks for checkiing,
Steven

·
Administrator
304 Posts
So I used 3 different black berry's in the office and the results are in...
Mark's - used wifi and cnn as his browser---- his worked insanely fast
Helena (that's me :) used google chrome and her phone's internet ----- my phone was sooo slow
Dwayne - used his phone internet and BB browser-- regular loading slow

so it's hard to find the bug if i can not replicate it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for looking for a fix Helena. Is there a way to load the fourms without the chat/shout box and info panels? I have tried with no luck. I am guessing that could cut down on loading time on my BB if it did not have to load all of the extra stuff.
Steven

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Thanks for looking for a fix Helena. Is there a way to load the fourms without the chat/shout box and info panels? I have tried with no luck. I am guessing that could cut down on loading time on my BB if it did not have to load all of the extra stuff.
Steven
Steve, on the top right corner of the shout box and info panels there is a box/square with a "^" in it. If you click on it, it will close them. That might help you. John

1 - 20 of 25 Posts