Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks, I decided to start this thread for Cougar owners in New England who may have trouble finding places who know how to work on these cars and do it right. Here are a few I know about:

Danbury, CT - Ken Gucker specializes in Mustang and Cougar restorations. He is a bona fide Cougar expert who knows these cars inside and out. Ken is a member of the Classic Cougar Community forums and can also be reached through the Classic Cougars listserv at Yahoo!.

Worcester, MA - C&R Tire has the ability to align classic cars and a guy who both knows the older cars but also the patience to get it right, frozen bolts and all. They also have the ability to do lug-centric wheel balancing for those aftermarket styled steel wheels.

Whitinsville, MA - Crothers Tire is another old-school tire store that can do alignment of classic cars and lug-centric wheel balancing.

Uxbridge, MA - DC's Auto Restoration. Dave Croteau has done 6 restoration projects for me, including 3 Cougars. He knows his stuff, does good work, gets it done in a timely way, and is reasonably priced.

North Adams, MA - Berkshire Transmission, owned by fellow forum member and Cougar collector Mark Piechowski. Mark knows his way around these cars as well as anyone and is an expert on Ford transmissions.

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Bill, what about Mark at Berkshire transmissions?

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike, there is a shop in Leicester, MA called Seamless Custom. They did the interior on B3Cat, including making XR-7 door panels that are virtually indistinguishable from the originals. Justin is the owner and he's been doing work on my cars for years. I've never had a disappointing outcome.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wish someone would generate a listing like this for all 50 states! It would be an asset to know of folks
who know and can do the proper work on these cars. (and who you can trust)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts