Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Hi all my name is Erik... just joined the club.

I recently purchased a '67 XR-7 for a whopping 300 bucks... It runs alright. (I've had it to 120 mph) original 289 V8. I will say this though... It needs some (a lot of) work. This is my first attempt at a restoration project. I virtually know nothing about the car... or any car for that matter so I"m hopeing that this will be a good learning experience... If anyone out there has any helpful hints, tidbits of advice, or cougar parts, that they would like to contribute... please let me know.. I would really appreciate it...

Erik

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome Erik. Post some pics of your project in the photo gallery. Lots of good people here.

-Austin

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
new owmer

Welcome, I just purchased mine 2 monts ago. 69 Eliminator needed total restoration, in pieces with many missing- This is the best site I have found to look up my problems with many good ideas submitted.

I drove mine to work today for first time. I still have not founf radio and don't have door panels in yet but it was a thrill.

Good Luck,

Swamper

:rolleyes: ;)

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
best suggestion is read, read some more, then when your tired of that try reading. Lots of good people here with lots of help and advice. Some good books to get are mercury muscle and 55 years of mercury. another is mustang cougar fairlane parts interchange manual. And buy a manual preferably a shopp manual not a haynes or chilton they are worth the price. if you prefer a disc manual detroit iron makes some great manuals on disc which cost the same as if you buy the paper one but print out what you need get it dirty then throw it away i wont own a paper maual again. The books can all be had at amozon.com and the manuals on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1852857135 or buy direct at http://www.classicautomanuals.com/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=classic&Category_Code=ME i find the ones on ebay 10 bucks cheaper. Also this is a great buch of people always ask here before buying on ebay as you will always get it for a better price here and usually better quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts