Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just started to notice these Cougars , very stylish car.

I've got a couple of Mustangs at the moment .
I'm active on the Vintage Mustang Forum .
Any VMF's here ?
Any other cougar forum members form Austarlia ?

I'm considering buying a car but I want to know more about them so I know what to look for and what to pay .

So any general info and history on Cougars would be helpful .

They seem to have a lot in common with the Mustang ,but I'm not sure just how much .

Cheers

·
Registered
866 Posts
A classis Cougar is a Mustang under it's skin, only about a handfull of differences. Besides appearance that is...

·
Registered
123 Posts
cmpcpro - let's put this in it's proper perspective. A Mustang is actually a poor man's Cougar :D

OzCougar - all the usual things about Mustangs apply. The add-ons are the vacuum operated headlight covers, sequential turn signals, and interior differences with the XR-7. There is a lot of interchange between the two.

Oh, and one other thing, unlike the Mustang sites, the Cougar boards tend to not be overpopulated with 14-16 year olds

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that , I love my Mustangs . Yeah i have to agree the Cougar is just that bit more stylish .

If you're interested I'll posta pic of my Mustangs .

Even if you not I'll still post it ;)

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Are there any Cougars in Brisbane

At last count

1967 - 5
1968 - 9
1969 Coupes - 5
1969 convertibles - 6
1970 coupes - 4
1970 convertibles - 2
1971 convertible - 2
1972 convertible - 2
1973 convertible -1

Some of the more insane people on this list from Brisbane have more than one

Contact # is 0419 58 5585
Location - Sunnybank Hills

·
Contributing Member
11 Posts
G’day Guys,

OzCougar and Zane welcome, and Leon how are you going mate it’s been a while, and Hello once again to everyone else around the world.
Sorry everyone but now that there are , oh, lets see at least for of us aussies I hope you don’t get sick of us all.

Buy the way OzCougar and Zane what Cougars do you guys own ?

Chris

Melbourne Australia
1970 XR7 Hrdtp 351C

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I had a 66 HI PO GT in my youth it was a great car but my current 69 351 Eliminator has much more class. It has been easy to work on with most things identical to Mustang. What to pay is dependant on what degree of rarity you are after. You can get a better quality in a Cougar for the $ than a Mustang.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts