Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchused a 1967 cougar coupe and am trying to figure out the best thing to do. I purchused the car with the intentions to fix it up and resell it to some one who has the time and garage space to treat it with the care it needs. However, i am finding myself of a scale in which to fix it. First of all what could it be worth if it was very nicely restored?
It is a 91 VIN so a standard coupe.
w/
Power Steering
In dash A/C
Sports consol
In dash clock
A code 289 4v
Merc-O-Matic
Dan Gurny Special
Rear end 1 3.00

At the moment it is 99% original but it does have rust on the quarters being a colorado car and the head liner and dash pad are trashed. Also i have the original window sticker, bill of sale, and owners manual.

So all in all what would it be worth as a car in "excellent" condition and what would it be worth if it ran and drove fine but was in need of restoration?

·
Registered
980 Posts
As in the past on other questions like this...it is worth what someone is willing to pay for a car that is rusted out and needs an interior (most likely a lot more things need to be replaced too)...as it sounds right now, you might get $1500.00, maybe less. Good luck

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
If flipping was easy - everybody would be doing it. Typically you put in more than you get out.....the things yours has going for it is that it's DG car with A/C, condition and completeness are going to be the drivers for value. We need good pics and descriptions to give you any kind of estimate - be prepared to be underwhelmed!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Excellent condition car probably 15k....various stages of restoration anywhere from 750 to ?...If you are to sell it you always get more money for cars that run and are complete. Just keep that in mind if you decide to start working on it.

As said before pictures will help give a ballpark range of current value..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts