Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found a repro wheel on WCCC site but no review. What would you do Don, restore ??? repro ??? for a 1970 rim blow,thanks

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Excellent used is another option. One of the things to consider with the 1970-1974 rim blow steering wheels is they originally came with colored rim blow switches. If going with a high level restoration, it is a consideration depending on steering wheel color.
We have suggested to the reproduction horn switch supplier to consider making the 1970-74 switch in colors, red, blue, ginger, etc. No word on that.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know the differences between the '69 vs '70 wheel. Per my Marti, my car was built on 1-28-70. So could it have had a '69 wheel with '70 pad? I'm pretty sure my original s.wheel is in the car but it's at KTL in VA so I can't compare. Thanks for putting up the link Don. It also looks like you have the best repro. Also is there a difference in the woodgrain from '69 to '70. thanks again for the expertise. Rob

·
Registered
913 Posts
Your car would have the 70 wheel because of the locking of the wheel when key is off, the steering column is different and so the wheel is also.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
1969 rimblow steering wheels have equal sized spokes.
1970 rimblow steering wheels have thinner horizontal spokes, and the bottom one is wide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts