Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I like the single stripe best, your scoop will throw some contrast to it. What color of scoop will you have?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the single stripe best, your scoop will throw some contrast to it. What color of scoop will you have?
Scoop is the Boss 429 hood scoop and it'll by the same gloss black. I did move the scoop as far forward as I can as to keep the hole for the breather out of site. The breather you see there is not the final one. I have a 4 inch tall K&N with a breathe thru top that will stick out of that hole a little.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
i'd take a look at it again with the center chrome piece installed---maybe the hood edge also---might look good wit the center stripe starting very small from the center grill sides ,flowing across the top and turning toward the scoop

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'd take a look at it again with the center chrome piece installed---maybe the hood edge also---might look good wit the center stripe starting very small from the center grill sides ,flowing across the top and turning toward the scoop
All of that stuff is currently being painted black so not available to be bolted back on at the moment.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Well....not a stripe fan at all, but if you have to have them - I like thin stripes on cars that have sharp lines better than fat stripes. So, splitting the car looks better IMO when you have lines like ours,,,,,,

·
Registered
164 Posts
Single stripe 4 sure.
Too much goin on with it split, IMO.

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Please, please please, post pictures or email me when you get that Boss9 scoop on there! I really want to see it from the front and the sides. I have seriously beeen thinking on changing out my 69 Elimanator scoop to a Boss 9. Thanks hopefully in advance, Mike ( my email [email protected])

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Single stripe! Seperrating them just doesn't look right in my opinion.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well....not a stripe fan at all, but if you have to have them - I like thin stripes on cars that have sharp lines better than fat stripes. So, splitting the car looks better IMO when you have lines like ours,,,,,,
So are you a fan of my interpertation of the eliminator stripe? I tried hard to take advantage of the belt line to distract from the sloping spear.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'll change my opinion if the grill(s) are going to be black---keep the stripe all black
doctordesoto
All grills (front, rear and headlight covers) will be black, actually everything chrome will be painted glossy black except the bumpers, they will be body color. The black front grill will have an original XR-7 emblem in it that is chrome and red. Thanks for your opinion!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please, please please, post pictures or email me when you get that Boss9 scoop on there! I really want to see it from the front and the sides. I have seriously beeen thinking on changing out my 69 Elimanator scoop to a Boss 9. Thanks hopefully in advance, Mike ( my email [email protected])
Will do, as soon as it's painted I will post pictures of it on the car front and profile. But FYI my scoop is much further forward than yours is, so it will look different. The Boss 9 scoop is so far forward it looks kind of Subaru WRXish because of how tall it is, but I love how it visually shortens the very long hood.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Single stripe! Seperrating them just doesn't look right in my opinion.
My brother said this car is going to get so much attention that splitting the stripe on the hood isn't going to snap any additional necks. I cracked up for a good 5 minutes because it does make sense but I just want to get it right. I fowled up so many things with my Mach 1 that I which I could have changed. It never really settled right with me. Thanks for your opinion!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's the scoop on my hood before everything was painted.

IMG_0328.jpg

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Thanks, I look forward to the finished pictures. Good luck and I hope it turns out where you like it. Thats what matters most.

·
Registered
69 Posts
single stripe vote here!

·
Registered
667 Posts
single stripe

1 - 20 of 29 Posts