Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 69 I've got is rusted around the wheel wells and lower areas. Looking for some quarter panels that I can use to replace those sections.

I'm in Albuquerque, NM. Looking for something nearby.

Mike...

'69 Cougar Drag Car
'69 Cougar project car
2008 Mustang GT

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
WCCC sells used cutoffs, expensive. Tabco repros are available once again and John's Classic Cougars sells them as well as others I am sure. JCC's are in the $350 - $400 range as I recall.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
i have a 69 Hardtop one complete for the driver side is out here on east coast side but shipping would bite you in the butt.
Its complete thou with wheel housings and all. I have plenty of other parts if you need anything just email me
[email protected].
thanks
have a great weekend
1967-1973 NOS and Used P1000789.jpg

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Have a full sized - grade A passenger side one here in Chandler, AZ. Drive over and get it - asking $450. You can usually ship them thru grey hound bus for about $100, but boxing them up in a pain in the.........

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
You are smart, stick with used and buy local. DO NOT use the repro panels even if they are free! Watch CL and you will get an entire picked over roller in your area for under $500 and you will then be able to sell the rust free 9" for $500. Don't settle for 70, they are different and will not fit. Use lots of content rich search words and post on as many sites like this as you can that are free. WCCC does not allow parts wanted ads on the site but you can place a wanted ad for a "parts car" for free. Be patient and you will score near mint parts for free as you are in one of the best places on earth to be looking. Good luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scott, I may take you up on that. A bit of a drive, but maybe I can squeeze in a round of golf while I'm there!

Don, It's clear you don't like the repro panels, but do you think I could use one to cut out some patches for the areas that don't need replacement of the entire quarter? The driver side isn't nearly as bad as the passenger side. I am checking CL every couple of days to see if something pops up.

Thanks again for your help.

Mike...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The quarter panel is actually still on the car, which was a 1969 XR7 Hardtop that a friend of mine parted out to fix convert his 1969 Standard Convertible to an XR7. So you can cut this quarter panel how ever big you want it to be, including the whole roof and trunk sections if you want them...

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Scott, I may take you up on that. A bit of a drive, but maybe I can squeeze in a round of golf while I'm there!

Don, It's clear you don't like the repro panels, but do you think I could use one to cut out some patches for the areas that don't need replacement of the entire quarter? The driver side isn't nearly as bad as the passenger side. I am checking CL every couple of days to see if something pops up.

Thanks again for your help.

Mike...
Yes, the repro is OK for patches but keep in mind they are made of a softer metal than OEM. Scott might have the patches you need for free, sounds like he will give you a whole shell.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don, Thanks for the info.

Still looking for panels locally, but need to get started soon. Seriously considering that trip to Chandler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts