215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need pro.& cons. the frame connector that
total control sales for conv.

thanks,kscougar

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about TCP's sub frames... Except for the price... It seems a bit high but nothing to get upset about...

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
buy them best thing you can do for your car. That goes for all our cars verts and hard top. Unibody cars flex and over the years due to metal fatigue they flex more. As to price personally they are cheap. if you brought your car to me to fabricate and tool up for it it would cost over 400.00 in my time and materials. They are a bargain and the fit is good and you will notice an imediate rigidity to you handeling as well.

·
Registered
866 Posts
My friend just had the body shop that is fixing his 69 sports roof put them on his car, the guy at the shop told him, with them on, if that car ever hits the wall, it's toast... I forget the reason, but I will ask him today.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The car or the wall?

Is it the car or the wall thats toast?:D

sorry, just couldn't resist...:rolleyes:

I would imagine that the car would do better if driven into a wall with the subframe connectors than without. And the opposite for the driver since the cars structure won't absorbe the impact as much as without... Could be totaly wrong here(?) but that's what I think.
(why anyone would drive into a wall is beyond me... but anyway...)(just kidding again :rolleyes: )

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Umm.... I would avoid walls they make anything toast at 45mph and above. Course maybe you are a movie director and want to destroy one of our lovely cats for the sake of art.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I would do the sub connectors for the benafits to car and handling. What may happer in a crash is never good unless it's less that 2mph. The angle of impact, offset piont etc too difficutl to predict.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Subs

I made my own in the shop at home. I cut 1/4 thick C-channel steel, torched down to fit, and drilled for bolt in. I bolted it to the car, tacked it together, took it back off, and welded it solid, and ground it smooth and painted it and then bolted it back on. step 2 same as the first. This adds about 40 Lbs to the car...

:xoli:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts