Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the distance between the outside face to outside face of the door hinge mounts, both upper and lower. I'm referring to the three hole mounts on the forward door jamb. I took measurements by placing a tape through one side and over through the cab to the other side, but don't have anything to compare to. Also couldn't ind anything in the shop manual. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
316 Posts
You may be able to use 2 - 12 inch levels that have the magnetic strip on them .

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hey Brian, Those measurements I shot you awhile back, have the A-pilar hinge mount surface distances included, both upper and lower. My '67 has never been damaged,....in that area, so the measurements should be accurate. Anyhey,...here they are; 1st. measurement top hinge mounting surface to top hinge mounting surface, this is the face of the A pilar, you know, that beat-up surface where they shoved the washers in to fill the gap. So, top hinge A pilar face drivers side to top hinge A pilar face passengers side; 58 3/4" OK, the bottom hinge,.. bottom hinge A pilar face drivers side to bottom hinge A pilar face passenger side 58 1/8".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts