Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This for my 69 Cougar, I'm installing a stereo and well from reading and searching through these forums I found most of my questions except for one. I found three plugs for the radio, one has two wires with the yellow with black stripe and a blue with red stripe. I know that these are for the 12v power and the lights. Now the other is the speaker one with the orange, white and black (common ground), but I have a third plug (L shaped) and looks like it uses male connectors with a solid purple and a red with yellow strip. What is that plug for? Is for a third speaker? thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
That L-shaped connector is probably for either the turn signal or the emergency flasher can. They both reside near the radio in the dash on '69's. A factory stereo should only use the first two connectors you mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Bob

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok looked into that and I'm still stumped. Ok I found the two flasher plugs and flashers. The plugs for the flasher is one white and one pink, the one I'm asking about is black and looks like a flasher could plug into it but cant cause it wont fit. One side has power going to it and the other side of the plug doesnt. As I mentioned above it has male connectors with a solid purple wire and a red with yellow strip wire. Does ANYBODY know what the heck that is? thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts