Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well someone is buying Ginger but he only wants the drivetrain, and i found a guy for the interior. Anywho there are a few things i am going to keep for my self. These peices are what i need help with removing.
The sail panel XR-7 Emblems, door panels, and the rear package tray piece with the pad. I may take more off but for now those are the things i need help with the rest is pretty easy...lol

So if you have done this please let me know!

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
The sail panel XR-7 emblems pry straight off. They have two pins on the backside that go in to two barrel nuts that are inserted in through the sheet metal.

The door panels are also very easy to remove. (going by memory here so may not be entirely accurate) First remove the lock rod knob. Remove the phillips head screw behind the door open lever. There is a bigger phillips head screw under that cover. Also, remove the door open lever. There should be a stick-on cover in the center of the window crank handle. Be very careful to remove it and you might be able to reuse it. Remove Phillips screw in center of the window crank. Use two screwdrivers or stiff putty knives to pry door panel clips out of the door prame. Be careful not to tear the clips out of the door panel backing material.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Is someone claiming the dash pad?
I want it!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts