Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to change out a rim blow horn switch with out damaging the steering wheel in the process?

Has anyone bought one of these from Auto Krafters before? They have one for my 69 that says "Genuine Ford"....C9AZ-13A875C for $46.95.... is this a good price for one?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Michael

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I bet you didnt call Auto Krafters to find out if they really had one because my brother did a few months ago and they were no longer in stock with no more on the way. I have heard rumors of repos coming out in the future. I have seen nos going for as much as $200. You dont have to limit yourself to just Cougar parts as Mustangs are the same. How to change it? I dont know but I'm listening because I would like to know that along with knowing how to restore the wheel itself. mm

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Evilmess I'll look on ebay, I've looked for other parts but haven't looked for the Rim blow horn switch yet. I didn't think that the switch would hold up if it was in one steering wheel and I put it into mine, my steering wheel is perfect other than that. Has anyone tried this? I'll check the other vendors though, good idea!

MM, your right I didn't call Auto Krafters. I just ordered a catalog and I seen it in there and thought that I would like to put a new one in. Mine works in one place and only one place. I'll call them tomorrow and see but I'll probably end up like your brother too..SOL on a new one. If I find out on how to put one in I'll email or post it on here for you. I'm really wanted to find a new for it if possible; I just don't like the idea of putting a used one in.

Thanks again guys,

Where are you both from? I'm in Colorado.

Michael

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rim Blow Horn Switch

You are correct, there aren't any more Rim Blow Horn Switch from Auto Krafters.

If I find some place that has them I'll post them here for how ever in interested.

Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts