Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GUy's and Ladies. I need to find out the width of the back top and bottom seats in a 69 coupe and convertible. Can anyone help me? I tried to put a set of 69 NOS seat covers on my 67 rear back and they are about 8" too short (width). My upholsterer said that they were for a convertible and I'm trying to verify this. Thanks

Steve :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Hey Steve-
Couldn't find my tape measure, but just measured mine with a ruler. Straight across the back you are looking at approx. 42".
Chuck

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chuck,
is that a coupe or convertible? Thanks

Steve

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks. Chuck, can you get me the rear bottom width? also, anyone have the coupe dimensions?

Steve

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I'm getting ready to leave for work right now:cry: , but if no one responds by tonight on a 'vert, I'll get that for you.
Chuck

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you can, can I get the dimensions both front and back on both seats? Thanks:mad:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Ok. Here goes. Bear in mind that currently my seats are in my attic and basically I have crawl space only and am using a standard ruler, but hopefully these are close enoughto help:

rear back: 42" x 201/2"
rear seat: 441/2" x 171/2"
front back: 171/2" x 20"
front seat: 191/2" x 201/2" (not counting headrest)

Hope these are accurate enough to help!

Chuck

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a bunch. Now I hope that someone with a coupe will reply.

Steve

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I'm not sure what you need them for, but also bear in mind that they are just across the surface area measurements. No side or depth area measured. If you need that I can climb back in the attic tonight! lol!
Chuck

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chuck, the problem is that I bought a set of NOS covers for my 67 coug. I'm using 69 Decor seats in the front with the headrests and the covers are 69 decor. I figured the 69 rear covers aould fit on my existing 67 rear seats, but when the upholsterer went to put them on, they are too small. He said the covers are for a convertible. I'm trying to verify size on the rear seats mainly so when I resell the covers, I can accurately say what they will fit. Also, if I want to stay with the decor, I need to know what the size is of a 69 rear coupe seats since I don't have any here, then I can order the rear set from a 69 an I know will fit. Way to mind boggling here.:confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts