Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEED A PICTURE OF THE CORRECT 1969 SPORTS SPECIAL HUBCAPS. RAY HAS A SET WITH A PLAIN CENTER AND I HAVE SEEN A SIMILAR TURBINE WHEEL WITH A MERCURY HEAD CENTER. ANY AND ALL PICS OF AN ORIGINAL SPRING SPECIAL HUBCAP WILL BE OF GREAT HELP. THANKS CATZ.. :)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
heres a pic from a guy i met online when i was looking for Sport Special info for my car. personally i think the turbine caps are foogly. i liked the ones my car had when i bought it more and i like the dig dishes that i have even more. as far as i know mine is a Sport Special. i have the rocker mouldings some other stuff and i did have the stripe on the body. i saw it when i was stripping paint during the body and paint stages. i didnt think anything of it at the time, but im glad i remembered it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS SIX9 CAT

I HAD A PIC FROM SOMEONE ELSE AND BOTH OF YOU CONFIRMED THE CORRECT WHEEL CAPS. THEY ARE'NT THE GREATEST LOOKING BUT THEY DO HAVE A SORT OF DIFFERENT LOOK TO THE COUGAR AND THAT IS NICE. I THINK AS OF NOW I WILL TRY TO GO WITH THE ORIGINAL SS CAPS. IF I CHANGE OUT TIRES AND WHEELS TO GO WITH SOMETHING ELSE THEN I WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE ORIGINALS TO PUT BACK ON ANYTIME.. THANKS CAT FANS.. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts