Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is the story.

About 5 years ago my cousin sold his 68 Cougar on eBay, the typical set up with just having a kid and needing money. The situation is he built it with his dad, a close project that took them 3 years from when he started just out of middle school and the car was finished for his junior year to drive. His dad (my uncle) passed away 2 1/2 years ago... I would love to see it come back to him as being a car guy I know it would mean the world to him to have/see it again...

Does anyone know how I could go about this with out his knowing? I already contacted eBay and they had no resolution at all of course because I'm not the owner of his account plus the fact that it was 5 years ago. I tried some website that finds and list cars people are looking for, but it's mostly cars that people are looking for.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Do you have the VIN number? If so, you could try contacting Phil Parcells, who runs the national cougar database. [email protected] If the car was registered, he might be able to help you contact the current owner. He might be able to find the car in the database without the VIN, but that's a long shot.

·
Registered
508 Posts
What color was the car and what state was it sold out of? Site members know of other Cougar owners in their area. 5 years ownership is one clue. 1968 Cougar another. Would you know the car if you saw it? Here's a couple hundred 68's to search through http://www.mercurycougar.net/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/502

1 - 4 of 4 Posts