Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need dash pad, rear interior quarter trim, door panels, console lid, upholstory or anything out of 1972 XR-7 in Ginger in very good-excellant condition.:1zhelp:

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
CK Try what an upolstery shop would do. Stretch a piece of vinyl w/heat gun over your old panels and spray glue it on. This is what the "professionals" do in your case.Catzya

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ray!

Remember me?....Judy! I was referred to you from Chas about the XR-7 grill and roof pillar medallians. I finally got them, plus some faded ones while I was trying to get really nice ones. Did you want to try to restore the faded ones? I heard they are doing that somewhere. You said that you may want to try.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
interior

I can get the new upholstery for the seats and the door panels but, not the rear quarter trim panels. I was looking for someone parting out a car to save money. I also, can get the dash pad in black or have it dyed.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
JAG In my opinion the cat is worth more when its original. There are lots who poo poo ginger interiors I am sure however its one of my faves. Blk is my least fav cause its always dusty here in the farmlands.Point is anyone can get a blk dash trick really is keeping within the "original" scheme. At least in my mind. Hopefully some one has good used panels for you soon. I recommend dying your top if the rest of it is ok.How much are the seat sets?Catzya

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ray

That's why I'm asking around. So, far I cannot find a dash pad in anything but, black. My original is beyond repair, I believe. "JUST DASHES" said they can restore mine for anywhere between $500-$700! OUCH! My original has been dyed from the previous owner and various other interior parts. The rear trim panels are green out of a standard Cougar.(incorrect) My vinyl top was ripped off before I purchased it 8 years ago and it's unknown what color it was. It is now black.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
buckets and rear seat upholstery $$$

$1250 whole set in leather. It is $300 cheaper if you want them in vinyl. I'm going leather like the original. (Ken's Cougar's)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey Kitty. There's a Ford classic junk yard in Orlando. The number is 407-293-7843. I know he has at least 6 or 7 71-73 Cougars. Not sure what colors but it doesn't hurt to ask. I think I saw a 71 with Ginger interior if I'm not mistaken but I'm not sure what condition things were in.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Gatorphan!

I'll give them a call.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts