Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dark Ivy Gold (green really) is very very dark green. I need some kicks in good condition, the ones I have are cracked and the area around one screw is missing.

PM or email is good billb @ classiccougarcommunity.com (remove the spaces)

Bill B

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its all good LOL!

Panels from rusty nasty beaters are prefered! If the donor car is too good I will be forced to buy the entire car.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Ok I`ll l re add my message, "hope they don`t come from a low mileage car or there may be hell to pay later on " lol.....

thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
I hear that!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Bill do you have any pics of the Dark Ivy Gold interior? My car (68 XR7) came with the same interior code (long gone now) and was curious what it looked like. There are a few parts where the blue dye is peeling/wearing off and the green can be seen underneath. Would the dash pad and carpet be be black or the Dark Ivy Gold? While the green is not a favorite of mine it's crossed my mind more than once to return the car to it's Augusta Green/Dark Ivy Gold colors. We'll see.

Thanks

Glenn.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Dark Ivy Gold 68 XR-7

I have a 1968 XR-7 that is Agusta Green with the Dark Ivy Gold interior. The carpets are green, the dash pad is green, the console is green, the seats are green leather, and the kick panels are green. None of the repro parts I have seen come in this color. I never had to search for these parts since my Cougar is 100% original with 67,000 miles. I do believe one of the resto parts places sells vinyl paint in Dark Ivy Gold. If I were you, I'd buy a black set of kick panels and paint them.

Here is a picture of my interior. http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2767328421/

Ken

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Ken, Wow your car is beautiful!!! Mint interior too!!! Man that is sweet. I like it very much. My car also came with the green leather seats. The PO did the body in blue and the interior blue and black. So the interior is a stumbling block for me right now. Which leads to the body color....LOL. My original plan was to keep it blue with all black interior. But original colors are kinda appealing too. Well thanks for the pics. Very nice Cat you have there Sir!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts