Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mould our supplier uses for the 69-70 Eliminator chin spoiler is worn out and we need to find an original spoiler to make a new mould from. One with the mounting tabs broken off would suffice. Will compensate well. Also need some close up detail shots of a 1970 Eliminator with the black out tape in place on the deck moulding and back up light bezels. If you have some original ruined parts to send us even better!

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
Don,

I have two left and two right backup light bezels with the original Eliminator stripes on them. I also have an NOS Eliminator trunk lid molding with the tape. I did not put it on my car because it had a couple flaws in the tape.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don,

I have two left and two right backup light bezels with the original Eliminator stripes on them. I also have an NOS Eliminator trunk lid molding with the tape. I did not put it on my car because it had a couple flaws in the tape.
Sweet! One bezel (your worst one) is all I need as that will give the correct height of the tape for the deck moulding. Send it when you can! Now for that chin spoiler... Anyone?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have all four pieces. Both backup light bezels.
Used them to create a pattern which I used to cut the vinyl I applied to the repop bezels I got from you. Turned out very nice.
Trunk deck moulding (original) not nice enough to put back on the car but I used it as a guide to apply vinyl to a nicer moulding.
Original chin spoiler, I had it plastic welded to take care of the rips and tears and was going to put it back on the car. Its in pretty decent shape considering these took such a beating over the years. Maybe we can work a deal for one of the new ones?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I had an original broken chin spoiler, but I think it got discarded in one of the parts relocation moves. I'll check an see if I still have it. it's yours for free if I find it.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
I have one NOS original eliminator front spoiler if anyone wants it.
c9wy 65001a74-a in the box..Only one thou..
email me or call 8436701602

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I had an original broken chin spoiler, but I think it got discarded in one of the parts relocation moves. I'll check an see if I still have it. it's yours for free if I find it.
Checked last night and it got discarded in one of the parts move.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
Sweet! One bezel (your worst one) is all I need as that will give the correct height of the tape for the deck moulding. Send it when you can! Now for that chin spoiler... Anyone?

On their way!

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Don,

Hello. I have an original used deck lid moulding from a 70 Eliminator with the tape stripe in place. If you need to borrow it... I'll ship it to you. If you need pics and/or measurements, just let me know what you need and I'll get the info to you.

Also, I have the original OEM front chin spoiler from my 69 Elim off of the car. It's in pretty decent shape if you would like to borrow and return. A pic of the OEM spoiler can be viewed in my Gallery photos. Also, I have (2) of the repros from Ken's that were originally made and tooled from Jim M's NOS piece. Let me know if any of this would be of help. Will be happy to offer any assistance needed.

Hope everyone has a Blessed & safe Thanksgiving Holiday!

Gary
H Ph: 765-674-4079
Cell: 765-661-3078

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Reviving this thread. Can some please post pictures of the vinyl on the back up light housings? I need to see where it goes, so I can duplicate it. Fortunately, I had a decklid molding to copy already, but need those back up light photos. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Reviving this thread. Can some please post pictures of the vinyl on the back up light housings? I need to see where it goes, so I can duplicate it...Thanks!
Scott, Hello. I have a pair of original 70 back up light housings with the tape stripes in place and will photograph those for you tomorrow. Can post pics here and/or send them to you.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Here is a thread from Darrell at WCCC with pics and info about the tape stripes on the tail light pieces. If you check eBay, there is a NOS passenger piece and a used drivers side peice on there right now as well.

http://www.classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1989

I checked my car last night, and it still has the correct passenger side on it (the other trim has been replaced). If these pics don't help I can step out and snap a few of my lonely trim piece :)

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Scott & Leon, Here are pics of the tape stripes from a pair of old used rear OEM's.

Also, There are (9) larger pics posted on my photobucket page with a few tape measure dimensions showing the approximate stripe and prop-rod hole locations. Hope the info helps... and, here's the link to those photos:

Thanks .....

·
Registered
505 Posts
Don,
Jenny and I have a usable chin spoiler if you need to borrow it. Here's a pic of it detached and another attached. Let us know if that helps.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Don,
Jenny and I have a usable chin spoiler if you need to borrow it. Here's a pic of it detached and another attached. Let us know if that helps.
Jenny doesn't look excited about the possible loan... :buck:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Don and WCCC team,

When will you start to sell the 1970 Eliminator tape stripe rear trim black out kits? :) There have to be a lot of people out there like me, building clone E-Cougars.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts