Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a cheap rebuildable 289 for my wifes soon to be cougar he he matching cars im gonna blow her away off da line he he

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I have a 68 date code 289 long block, and a 74 302 short block, but Im in Canada, sorry.

Rick

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
All right you guys,lol I had a 74 engine that was so low on compression you couldn't wear it out. Ran excellant long time just not the zip of the higher C or say a 351W
I wonder why I'm not getting notified anymore of posts to places I've posted? I think its since Dec and I've looked at my edit options a couple times. Any ideas? Tanx Ray

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Ray, I few guys are having that problem, I gfet mine :) I really dont have an answer, sorry.

Rick

·
Registered
203 Posts
sic67nes,
I have tons of engines and though I am in canada I will be travelling to Stockton California in February some time.Pricing will vary on condition I have a 289 in pieces, 3 assebled and 4-5 running engines so let me know if you are interested.
Best Regards,
John Ludorf

·
Registered
314 Posts
I will give you the 289 out of my 67 if you come to Northern Colorado to pick it up.:p: It even still runs( it ran before I pulled it) but was burning over a quart of oil every 60 miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts