Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter was in a crash 2 days ago shes fine.The car didnt do so well.I took the ceveland bone yard tour and found all the parts put them her car (hood,grill, radiator ect.The wife and I agree that the air bag has to be put back in It made a believer out of me.Question-How much is it to reinstall an air bag?This is a whole new field for me I just dont want to get ripped off.All I want is a honest price. Thanks alot people Dan Soon to be air bag authority instead of windbag BSer.:eek2:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kind of car

Its a 1991 Camaro RS 6 cyl nothing fancy but the name

·
Registered
70 Posts
you can something just buy a pre packed bag for the car and pop out the old one and put the new one in i dont know how hard it is but i can ask some people

·
Registered
266 Posts
TAKE MY ADVICE. If you have never worked with airbag systems, then now is not a time to learn just to save a few bucks. I have known people to have them go off during installation and severe injury has resulted. Even death. There are some shops that will sell you a used airbag (un-deployed) and install it for a good price. Yes they are very expensive, but not as priceless as your daughters life. Unfortunately this is an area where we can't really skimp as much as we would like to.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will let the pros do it

I just wanted to know if anyone had an experiance with one.I know a person has to be certified and all I did find out that its about 400.-450.cost and anywhere from 600. retail plus installation.and probably re set the sensors or put new ones in. I just hope its done right and get treated like a AMCO customer.(a whole new tranny when all I need is a filter) Hope to meet some of you guys on saterday. Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts