Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add a center console to my 69 XR7. I was told they were slightly different than the 69 mustangs.

Does anyone have a photo of a 69 Cougar's console they could post for me. I would like to know what to start looking for.

BTW, about what is the going price for a good used one?

TIA

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I can't supply a picture of one right now, but I did use a Mustang console in my other 69. The only difference I found was the woodgrain in the center piece. The XR7 has the whirly grain (walnut?) and all Mustangs have the straight grain found in Std Cougars. You can get a replacement laminate from John's Classic Cougars.
I have seen consoles without the seatbelt buckle holders, but I do not know what they came in as a rule. All of the XR7s I have seen have the seatbelt holders.
If you don't have a picture by this weekend I will be sure to get one when I go visit mine. :)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I consulted my Interchange book and here's what it says:

C9ZZ65045A36C1A (base) is correct for the 69 Mustang and Cougar, they use different top pieces - woodgrain is different.

The 1970 number is D0ZZ65045A36G, it will also fit 69s but a C9 console will not fit 70s. There were 4 different tops in 1970 depending on A/T or Manual and woodgrain (teak) or black. If you want the top PNs let me know. :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
console

I have one you can take a look at. Mine came out of a '69 XR-7. It will be for sale on Ebay within the next few days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts