Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my Ashtray knob.

Anyone have one for sale that's going to the Nationals this weekend???????

Also posted in 'Parts Wanted'

·
Registered
355 Posts
I lost my Ashtray knob.

Anyone have one for sale that's going to the Nationals this weekend???????

Also posted in 'Parts Wanted'
Are you talking a non-console car ashtray?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I am.

Forgot that there's a difference.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yes I am.

Forgot that there's a difference.
I have one that I would be willing to part with. I can bring it to the show and you can have it Friday afternoon?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great. What'll the damage be?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Great. What'll the damage be?
Oh, I can see you really need it, so we'll make it work- maybe a few beers. You'll have to come introduce yourself. I'm towing the car up (medium green 69 conv) and driving a silver Tahoe. See you there or give -me a call when you get in- -267-303-3258

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Trailering my Ivy Yellow '69 Vert as well.
Black Trailer with a stripe, White Silverado 2500HD.
Will be arriving Friday in the afternoon sometime with cold beers and a few with your name on them.

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
You guys don't have that far to go to the show. Hope this is not a dumb question but why trailer the cars?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys don't have that far to go to the show. Hope this is not a dumb question but why trailer the cars?
For me, I guess I "could" drive my Cougar, as it's nowhere near a concours car, and I'm sure it would be trouble free.
BUT, there is the wear and tear on the car, and the comfort level wouldn't be as nice as in my truck. Plus, we don't have to worry about packing too lite as well.
Excuses aside, personal preference.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And after looking at Joe's Sig. line, His Cat is pretty rare. I wouldn't blame him at all for putting his on the stretcher.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Makes sense. I know my truck is pretty comfortable specially on a long haul as there is so much room. Will be over in Brooklyn here in a couple months on the bike! That is always a good ride and great food.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I knew if I looked hard enough, that stinking knob would re-appear. I found mine and have re-installed it on the Cat.

I had removed it to mount an XM reciever. I used that hole to attach the mount on a fabbed bracket.
Thanks again Joe if you haven't read your PM yet.
:wave:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts