Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a pair of caliper brackets for a 69 cougar. Im going to use them on my 69 mark III so i can run 14 inch torq thrusts already have ground down the lincoln calipers with no luck for clearance so onto changing the rotor size and calipers. call it my rat rod lincoln cam, intake, ignition upgrades lowered stance just cleaned the inside and out. car was sitting since the mid 80s in a garage.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
<table id="Contents Table" width="600" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td width="600">
1968 - 1973 Mercury Cougar / Ford Mustang Mustang Passenger Side Disc Brake Caliper Mounting Bracket - Used
(Click Here for More Information or to Order)

Part #: C8OZ-2B292-A
Price:$29.85

C8OZ-2B292-A Passenger side caliper mounting bracket, also called a caliper anchor bracket in the Ford Master Catalog.

</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td width="600">
1968 - 1973 Mercury Cougar / Ford Mustang Driver Side Disc Brake Caliper Mounting Bracket - Used
(Click Here for More Information or to Order)

Part #: C8OZ-2B293-A
Price:$29.85

C8OZ-2B293-A Driver side caliper mounting bracket, also called a caliper anchor bracket in the Ford Master Catalog.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Not sure that you can bolt those brackets onto your Lincoln spindles.

The Lincoln MKIII and Thunderbird shared the same basic chassis, pretty sure that the brake/spindle geometry is for the larger rotors.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was figuring that it wasnt a bolt on and go setup. I know some mods are needed but the spacing is close. I have an old racer friend that use to use the large lincoln brakes on a cat drag car back in the 70s which is where I got the idea to go that route.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts