Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find some kind of custom hood for my 68 Cougar. I would like to find a fiber glass hood with some kind of hood scoop built in like a cowl induction or maybe even some kind of snorkel or Boss 429 Hood scoop. If anyone knows of any companies that manufacture hoods for the 67-68 Cougars, please tell me. My new motor is going to have a hi rise manifold and I won't have the hood clearance. I am kind of desperate so any help would be great. Later.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
MEAN,
go on www.usbodysource.com and there is a list of the makes and models. They have the 67-70 cougar in there check it out or call them n see if they can do a custom one for ya.
thanks
pat

·
Registered
240 Posts
great site, one question, the fiberglass front end, now it doesn't really look like the hood opens. i dunno its prob the picture, but the front end it does have a hood that opens right? sorta a dumb question but why not :)

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
that front end tilts forward. Perfect for the mustang 2 front end swap, big motor, and then make a hydraulic tilt so you can get in on the side of the motor. You can get rid of the engine compartment with that front end :D.

Like this picture.

rick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
now that last one is bad a**
thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
personally, not for a street car. If your going after a 9 second blast, all the weight savings is worth it.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
watch the front wheels go up n all ya swee is blue skies and birds flying by before the fron end touches down lol..
thanks
pat

·
Registered
162 Posts
do you need a complete hood or just a scoop for clearance? check mine out in gallery photos...thats a Harwood aero scoop ..i found the hood on here

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
You can find fiberglass hoods from time to time for first gen cars at swap meets pretty cheap some times.
However, for my money, I'd prefer a steel hood with an old 60's Ford style teardrop hood scoop. It'll look period and give you some room under the hood.
And it won't catch low flying birds, be yet another cowl induction, or have doofus types trying to put mail in it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fiberglas hood

How did you come out with your Fiber galss hood.

I am planning a 'glas' hood for myn68 cougar. What supplier did you use and any problems since installation?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts