Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to put a 428cj back in my 70 Cougar and need the following. the car was originally a Q-code 428 car but has had a 351c in it for the last 20 or so years. It's a factory 4speed air conditioned car. I'm assuming it came with smog so the part numbers listed below i got from 428cobrajet.com are for that application.

1.motor mount isolators (rubber motor mount)
2. standard shift flywheel
3. crankshaft pully 428cj with air C90E 6312-D
4. Alternator adjuster braket C8AE-10145-B
5. Clutch linkage (any or all)

let me know if anyone out there has anything.

thanks
Mike
[email protected]<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Hey Mike
I have some NOS motor mounts ones up here too if your looking for that kind
also I think i have the alternator bracket one used thou.
Thanks
John
pictures attached P1020590.jpg P1030139.jpg let me know if these are what you need.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks John and Don

John how much for the mounts? i did find a pair of aftermarket mounts for 88.00 shipped.
the alternator bracket does not look correct. Compare to the one Don listed. I found one of those also a little cheaper
along with a bottom pulley. I still have parts at the machine shop so im still price shopping.

Mike

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Mike,

Hello. I have a decent used CJ / stick flywheel and, if interested, will take a couple pictures of it for you. Also, a friend of mine up here has a really nice set of CJ heads that have been professionally refurbished and are ready to bolt on. He had a Cyclone CJ that these heads were intended for. Short story... Cyclone is gone and he still has the heads. If you're interested in talking to him, give me a call and I'll give you his contact info.

Best Regards,

Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts