Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey-oh!

I know this one probably isn't that popular, but I'm looking to buy a 1977-1979 Mercury Cougar XR7. I had one when I was young and I want another. I want to restore it. I live in Kentucky so if anyone has a line on one please let me know (I'll pay to have the right one shipped). I prefer the 351 or 400 over the 302. Looking to spend about $1,000, and though I know that won't get me much, I'm at least hoping it runs/drives with a good frame and not too much rust.

Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Check the craigslist ads you should be able to find one. However you may have to pay a little more than you want to. You can find very fine examples for under $5000.00.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Just remember this as well,

Its getting harder and harder to find parts for them years as noone is keeping these years(74-79) in their yards. But good luck on your search were sure you`ll find a great cat to restore.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. It'll be hard to find one as cheap as I want it. When I was 17 I bought a 77 for $300. It needed a lot of work but it ran/drove good.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I drove by John's Classic Cougars last night. He has a couple of that vintage sitting in his lot. Give him a call.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts