Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally identifying the missing grill pieces for my 70 Cougar, and need the following.

- The left side hood to center grill filler piece.

- The plastic bezel surrounds that mount between the headlights and the hideaway grill piece. Picture below.

Thanx,

Mike Light Bezels 2.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
The one circled is from a 67-68.

<table id="Contents Table" width="600" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td width="600">1967 - 1968 Mercury Cougar Headlight Door - Used
(Click Here for More Information or to Order)

Part #: C7WY-13064
Price:$9.00

If you happen to be missing this door (bezel) you are doing damage to your grille each time you open and close the covers (eyelids) . . .

</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Finally identifying the missing grill pieces for my 70 Cougar, and need the following.

- The left side hood to center grill filler piece.

Thanx,

Mike View attachment 25753
Do you mean the plastic pieces on the sides of the hood snout? If so, originals are hard to find but reproduction pairs are available from your favorite Cougar vendor for around $60

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, looking for the plastic piece on the right side of the snout/center grill. I have the left one, but the left is MIA.

Don - after installing the majority of the grill I noticed how visible the screws and attaching hardware were. The pick I posted was from a sale I saw on e-bay for a 70 grill, and when I saw it, I thought I identified missing parts from mine. Did they make a set for 70, or can I use the 67-68 ones on a 70 grill?

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts