Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I bought a 67 Standard that has had alot done to the handling of it, and has an improved 351W in it. It came with all the original suspension parts and original engine. I bought it from second owner, who's brother in law was original owner.
Anyways, I got a box of papers with the car the has EVERY receipt ever spent on it.....from 67 until the present. I got the original dealer license frames from Liverpool,California. Yes, it's a rust free California car.
I also got the jack instructions which shows placement of all components in trunk. I'm going to enclose three photos. One is of the glove box paperwork which includes a warranty booklet, a guide for safe driving, the factory buildsheet, and the business card of the saleman who sold it initially. Also a owner I.D. card and other misc. papers.
The other picture I want to enclose is of the coolest keyholder I've seen. It's supposedly from the car when new. Any of you ever seen one of these? Thanks......Keith

Attachments

·
11,000 Posts
How about a pic of the buildsheet?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Cool Stuff! I wish my car came with extra goodies like that. Please post the build sheet.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yeah, what Zhat said. My car came with lots of goodies missing...
;)

Cheers!
Matthijs

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Build Sheet photo.....

This is not a closeup of build sheet so if you need one let me know, the things I remember being odd are how they color code parts......I think my front springs on this car were "violet". I work in stock department for Ford and our build-sheets are alot different these days! Hope you like......Keith

Attachments

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
:ylsup: That is so cool!!!

I found a little extra too...a bag of pot stuffed in the quater panel that looked like it been there for 20 years.:D

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Did ya smoke it?:bong:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
My girlfriend tried it and she said it was like oregano!
:D Duh!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pictures of buildsheet........

Royce and others,
Here is a little more closeup shot of buildsheet......hope it was what you were looking for to see on it........Keith

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I got the original stuff with the Torino I bought in Sept. All the original paper work, sales receipt from the dealer in 68, owners card, etc. Very cool stuff to have. Keep it in a safe place.
Im selling the torino so if it goes whole, the paper work goes with it :)

Rick

·
Registered
201 Posts
You mention that it came with the original engine which I think you said was a 351w. 351w were not available in 67. I assume if it has the 351 this was replaced at some time. The reason I focused in on this point is that I am considering putting a 351 in my 67 cougar and I am concerned about fitting in all the parts and pieces. If you have a 351 in your 67 does it have any performance parts on it or is it stock 351?

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
i would suggest investing in a safety deposit box as things in a home can destroy paperwork over time or in case of (perish the thought) but a house fire then you wouldn't loose such valubale records. also back them up digitally so that even is you sell the car you have those to reflect on and keep the disc in the box as well.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The car came with the original engine extra, a 289 that was still running with 195,000 miles on it. The 351W that is in the car has a slight cam,headers,aluminum intake,edelbrock carb. Rhyne Racing Engines built the motor and it supposedly came out to 340 horse so it's no slouch but nothing radical as compared to the engines I am used to with my open-wheel modified!
Since I bought car in it's present configuration I can't respond to how hard it was to install but it doesn't look like it took anything special to get done. Hope this helps......Keith

1 - 18 of 18 Posts