Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hom many of you are planning on attending NATS WEST. and you poor guys in the midwest need to do a nats central. maybe the kentuckyanna club might want to take up this banner.:D

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i plan to be there. not sure if ill display or not. but i might be able to scrounge up the cash for it. if not, parking lot show......

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm going... thought about putting my clunker in, just to say I've done it.. hehe. Wonder if the paint would all chip off just from sitting there... or the dents.. wonder if anyone would cut themselves on them... or the missing headliner, tore seats or bubbling top... hm, what's it cost to PARK again? ;)

Robert

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I plan to come down from the north west for this. I'm driviung the 70 XR7. Hope to see a lot of you there. Neal.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nats West where and when is this show? I would like to go. I won't be able to enter but it would be nice to be there. I'll go for a parking lot show:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
midwest nats!!

That would definitely be cool, but I hope to be able to attend the East Coast event next year. The car shows around here are lucky to have one Cougar other than mine if I show it. Until last year I didn't know there was such a thing as Cougar Nats. To see nothing but Cougars at a show would be incredible.

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Nats Ohio

Many moons ago (mid 80s I think) the CCOA Nats were in Elyria Ohio, just ten miles from me. Dummy me didn't go since my Cats were in pieces and I was deep in my drag racing carreer.

Anyway, the sponsoring members were Dave and Diane Lawson. They had a couple of 428CJ Cats. Dave used to run a junkyard and arranged to have a bunch of 'good' dead Cats brought in from all over for the meet attendees to have a pick-a-part smorgasbord. (It was Dave's yard that had crushed that rust-free southern 71-2 standard I told y'all about a while back.)

Dave was coming back from the dragstrip one night with his Dark Jade 428 Cat and passed a line of cars on a narrow two-lane. He told me that something let loose in the steering linkage and his car made an abrupt turn into a cornfield at 80+mph. Those corn stalks are vicious! There wasn't a undented panel on the car, roof included! I know the car got repaired and was put back on the road somehow (maybe with a donor body).

Sadly, after a boating accident that left Diane paralyzed, and related subsequent financial and legal problems, they left the area and I lost touch. I wonder whatever happened to the Cats. If anyone knows of Dave and Diane's whereabouts, please let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts