Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was out last night working on Tiffany's trunk area and I was rerouting the taillight wiring to the correct place.( It's good to have redcat as a model... Anyway I found the trunk light wire and hooked it up but on the passenger side of the trunk I found this wire that is routed wrong and I wanted to reroute it (maybe it was just too dark outside) but I couldn't really see where this thing goes.... I think it's for the tank but couldn't find a disconnect. If it is for the tank, How do I disconnect it and rereoute it???

little help:D :D

Don

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well
It is a wire that comes off the wire harness that runs across the trunk by the rear glass and by the deck lid hinge on the right side a single wire drops down is supposed to follow the wheelwell down to the trunk floor and through to the bottom of the car( at least it's that way on the Redcat) right now it's on the wrong side of the hinge assembly. It should run down the outboard side of the hinge down the wheelwell by the seem. I'm pretty sure it goes to the gastank I just can't find the disconnect. I'm gonna work on it again tonight and see what I can see........

Don

·
Registered
794 Posts
I can guess that it is the sending unit wire. I just went out to check my 67 and the black wire hangs down from the top behind the trunk bars and to the inside of the hinge. I followed it under and it goes to the sending unit on the tank with a simple push-on connection. There were also a few cllips holding the wire close to the tank.

Just disconnect the connecter and push the gromett through and you can reroute.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Crazycat!!
Gonna mess with this week end. I was in your neck of the woods a while back.... Got burger & a beer at that place down in oldtown. I forget the name of the place... open air, right on the main drag.... great burgers!!

Don

·
Registered
794 Posts
texrep,
cool deal. I have only lived here for 1mo. havent even been over to that side of the 15. I will have to check it out.

kent,
I found something that might help you out :

http://www.hop.com/

:1poke:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts