Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was inspecting my engine by removing the oil pan and a hexagonal rod came toppling out when I turned the engine upside down on the engine stand, what is it and where does it go? It's about 6 inches long and has some sort of washer around it.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey guys I was inspecting my engine by removing the oil pan and a hexagonal rod came toppling out when I turned the engine upside down on the engine stand, what is it and where does it go? It's about 6 inches long and has some sort of washer around it.

Thanks guys
:jump3::jump3::jump3::jump3::jump3:

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Ahhh - mystery solved - I bet the retainer for it either walked down the shaft or went missing. Be sure to place it back in the right spot or you will have that thing fall out in case you need to pull the dizzy out in the future!! It will fall outta the pump and into the pan......and make you say bad words!

OHH - and while you are at it take that one - toss it in the trash can (where it deserves to be) and go get yourself an ARP shaft - it won't barber pole on you like the cheezy stock ones are known for......best $15 piece of mind you can buy!!

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
+1 on the oil pump drive shaft.
That #2 pencil that Ford put in there is a fine example of 'planned obsolescence'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts