Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last summer I bought, sight unseen, a red 69 xr7 M code with 62500 original miles. I had it shipped from PA to Boston and across the border into Canada. I was told it was originally out of Oregon. Last week I made a call to WCCC to discuss a parts order and spoke to the man himself. Turns out he knew the car and gave me the names of 3 previous owners, including himself! TOO COOL !! Thanks Don!! This is what its all about!!
I was able to contact the other two owners and found out the engine had been rebuilt with new crank and mild cam, one repaint in '91, the factory AC and AMFM had been installed by the 3rd previous owner and the car was almost rust free and generally well looked after.
We hear about online purchases gone bad. Mine has gone GOOD to say the least!!!
Spring is only 2 months away, time to finish the brakes, repair the PS leak, install the fuel gauge (from WCCC), the rebuilt clock, install drivers door window felt, rear seat, new belts, door panel, dash, deck lid trim, redline wide ovals and kick out the jack stands.

·
Registered
913 Posts
That one has just about come full circle. Good to find the PO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That one has just about come full circle. Good to find the PO
I'm slowly filling in the pieces over the past 40 years. Still trying to track down the owner in the 70s. Time's a wastin'. One previous owner is sailing in the South Atlantic and will fill me in when he comes ashore in April.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts