Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I registered with TCCN just a short while ago. Since then, I have made a few posts and received a great deal of help. Quite the thing to be made to feel as if I was part of a big family!! Hope the family does not get too fed up with all my questions that are on the horizon.

In any case, I have attached a picture of my recently purchased 67. This is my second cougar. The first was a red 67 that my father bought me in 1975, just before I got my driver's license. It was behind the Ford dealership and in bad shape. Since my grandfather was a mechanic at the dealership, we got the 67 for a good price. I spent many years of my teenage life repairing that car (Back when there were cougars in the wrecking yards). I foolishly sold it when my wife and I bought our house. I have missed the hobby since that time.

Well, I'm back!!!!:D This Jamaican Yellow 67 was purchased in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. It was originally sold in Toronto and has been in southern Ontario until I brought it to the northern part of the province. Considering the weather in Ontario, there is no major rust and it's in pretty good shape. It's a daily driver and not perfect, but that's what I wanted...something I could drive immediately and still be able to tinker with during my spare time (not that there is much of it!) Since the snow is already with us in this part of the world, I'm going to be tinkering more than driving for the next 6 months. Thanks for the site and the help. Here's the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
i guess you didn't take that photo today...

considering there are leaves on the trees.

it looks in great shape. is that the original paint? the previous owner must have babied it well!

and, if you're worried about asking too many questions of these guys, you apparently haven't read some of mine! welcome to the group and ask away. there's an amazing number of helpful and knowledgable people in here.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DOHHHHH!

But seriously, this was a picture that the former owner took. By the time I brought it home, there was no time to even take it out for a spin!!!! It is not the original paint but is still shiny after 10 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts