Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I finally was able to get my pictures in the gallery. The houndstooth material really looks great. It doesn't show too much in the photos. I have tried to keep the engine compartment looking clean, sometimes its tough. My hope is to add the hood scoop and the spoiler and have it painted like the eliminator. Hopefully I'll paint it soon.

It just gets a little frustrating when you work hard to fix something, another part breaks or needs replacing. When I drive it, all of the frustrations disappear when I get a thumbs up from other drivers on the road.

Thanks,

RayJ

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Ray, you have a very sweet looking Cougar. You did a great job on it. Thanx for sharing.

Rick

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Driving and fixing is the vicious, painful cycle that only results in a better car IMHO.

When I first got my Cougar, my attitude towards modification was that I would only upgrade something if it broke or I had to work on it anyway; I have been able to hold this attitude on everything except for the body/paint. When we did the engine/trans rebuild, it was in response to destroying my planetary gearset; I put the full exhaust (including headers) on because a) the engine was out and b) the passenger's side manifold was cracked (split is a better way to put it).

Upgrading one piece at a time in response to necessary repairs is a fun way to go. It keeps your costs lower (maybe not in total, but it's easier to finance $50-$100 here and there than to throw down $1500 at one shot). It helps prevent the "I've taken it apart and there's too much work to do so I'll just leave it apart" syndrome, since it's a small "bite" of work to do. Best of all, if you upgrade a little at a time, your friends won't realize that you've somehow gone from ~180 hp to 300 hp .... SLEEPERS RULE! :)

Aboe all, have fun with your cat!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I agree 100% it's gotta bite, but you don't have to walk around with teeth bared...

;)
I prefer to purr nonchalantly and kill when cornered... (or while cornering, perhaps?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts