Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heres mine, just got it. The 1969 Cougar SS, 351W, FMX tranny and not sure about the rear. This is what it looked like when I picked it up from the seller's house. Not bad for $1200.00, huh? Towed this cat back on the back of my bronco XLT for about 300 miles. (thats why I like fords.) The guy kept the engine real clean, and the interior was in great condition minus the lack of carpet, headliner and the driver side floor, oh and the crack in the dash. In the past two weeks, I've stripped the paint and did body work, replaced the floor, and put it in black primer. A friend of mine had the same car a while back and sold me a new dash, console, chrome, cams, lifters, body parts, grill assemby, and about 4 sets of tail lights not to mention 7 headlight doors.. One for a 1970. If anyone need some tail lights, let me know. Anyway the reason I pickd up the car was to restore it for this film I'm working on this summer. Hope to have i done in the next 2 months. Oh and does anyone now a good place fpr rechroming bumbers, or to trade them in for rechromed ones. How much do ou think that would go for? Thnks I'll be keeping ya'll updated. BTW, some of the greatest cars on this site!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres the pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I almost bought that car. I figured it would make a good project. I think I even have a couple pictures of it. Look in the venders section almost all of them will supply your chrome & bumpers. You can always head out to the ford swap at columbus next month or wait for spring carlisle.
John

·
Registered
448 Posts
New car

Mautemps,
I was also very interested in the car too. Guy lives close by. I just did not have another project in me. Last years rebuild of my 69 vert just removed any desire I have to spent that much time working on a car instead of driving it. The car looked to be in pretty good shape. Next time I'm up in NYC I'll try to contaqct you, I'd love to see the finished product. I live in South Jersey and I am a member of the NJ Cougar club. There are a really nice group of cougar people in the club and many are up in North Jersy. You may want to get in touch with the club to see what is up for this summer season. http://ccnjonline.com/
Paul G.
http://home.sprynet.com/~pamar/cougar.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts