Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I meant to say Sounded like mine. Am I good or what? That is the same mufflers that were on mine. mm

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
wish my car sounded like that... too bad i have a stock cam... maybe ill put the 2 chamber Flowmasters i have just sitting around on the car.

·
Registered
266 Posts
jimk351c your sound file no longer works.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sound file should work. Maybe the webserver was down for a short time. It just worked for me.

Cam details:

Mild Hyd Lifter Chet Herbert cam from Herbert Performance.

Intake 265
Exhaust 275
[email protected] 205
[email protected] 215
Intake lift .475
Exhaust lift .500
LC 112

My engine (351C-2v) has less than 3K on a stock rebuild and I didn't want to mess with the valve train. This was one of the few mild performance cams I found that would work with stock rate valve springs.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exhaust

No, it doesn't have an H pipe. However, it does have hedman long tube headers flowing through 2.5" tubes into Dynomax 3 chamber Superturbos, which lead into 2.25" tail pipes.

I've found that you loose a small amount of power without an H pipe but when coupled with long tube headers, you gain a great sound from not having it :)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
My goodness, that name Chet Herbert brings back memories. I have not heard that name in a long time. I used to buy there "reground" custom cams for my 300's in the late 70's for like $29 !!! They worked well for me. mm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts