Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i am now the proud owner of a 1970 Grabber Blue, Boss 302 "Super Drag Pak" Eliminator. The car is being delivered tomorrow am and i am very excited. I would like to thank Frank for helping me get the deal done, and Keith for selling me the car. I will post some pictures and detail tomorrow when i get the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Me Liky lots....Give me now !.........Ok since that didn't work.....That isn't the car you were looking for.......Its the car I was looking for !...... Oh well I guess I'm just a bit jeleous ....Great find !

·
Registered
619 Posts
Sir, you do it right and without messing around! What a beauty, congratulations.

I didn't see the Torino in your signature....you still have her?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
And you bought Dave's pastel blue B302 previously (you spoiled brat!). What we don't see in the picture is the money tree, I guess that is in the back yard? :buck:

Congrats.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Wow. Talk about a dream car.
The grabber blue B302 car is my own personal dream cat (super drag pak especially). Congratulations on a great purchase. You sound very psyched.
Looking forward to more pics.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hugely desirable combination (obviously!)

Beautiful.

I notice the AM radio with optional rear speakers. Interesting.

Congrats!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scott,

Congrats on the newest acquistion.

fyi, The picture is of the seller's garage.
Thank you Dave, its a real nice car. I sold the T/A Challenger and i am done for now. I will probably keep my MD Javelin as it would be very hard to ever find one like mine again, but i am sticking with the 3 ford products i have, they are my true loves. I am going to start cleaning up and detailing the Pastel Blue car in a few weeks, i will repair the paint issue on the hood and driver side roof and then completely disassembe the car, clean it, document it and then reasseble it as is. I will take pictures and post them throught the process. i am also going to rebuld the engine and return it to completely stock apperence, i will however keep they headers as they are vintage and i just plain like them.

Take car, Scott

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Didn't Frank sell this Cougar about three to four years ago and I'm thinking the price was about $80,000 to $85,000 range. I was thinking it set the bar for the highest price a Boss Cougar had sold for. $50,000 OBO sounds like a great price and I can see why you jumped on it so fast. Now you got one to enjoy while you spruce up the pastel Cougar. I would like to see a Boss Cougar go on the BJ auction to see what it would fetch.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Yup... And then he flipped it for $150k. Strong money for a car with Cyclone hubcaps, missing dash block off, not detailed and so on.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
...Boss 302 "Super Drag Pak" Eliminator.
Ok, I'm familiar with "Drag Pak", being taller gears and oil cooler, possibly beefed up internals, but what makes a "Super Drag Pak" different from just "Drag Pak"?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Drag pack comes with 3.91 gears...Super Drag Pack comes with 4.30 gears .

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Ok, I'm familiar with "Drag Pak", being taller gears and oil cooler, possibly beefed up internals, but what makes a "Super Drag Pak" different from just "Drag Pak"?
If the Cougar came with a 4.30 rear axle gear and the oil cooler, it was called the "Super Drag-Pak". Some also got the Detroit locker.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yup... And then he flipped it for $150k. Strong money for a car with Cyclone hubcaps, missing dash block off, not detailed and so on.
Don---I don't know what car you are talking about BUT. The 428 SCJ car that had the Cyclone hubcaps had documentation that showed it was ordered that way. Remember, the car is an original, unrestored, numbers matching car. It won the unrestored class at Carsile in 1999 and was featured in a magazine. Everything on the car was original and documented including the hubcaps, power windows and power trunk release and the original polyglass tires. The dash block-off plate was and still is in the dash. The current owner has the original handwritten and typed dealer order forms. The car also has a six-diget DSO as it was ordered with special paint - RED - which did not materialize and the purchaser was issued a refund which is noted on the invoice.

I can only assume you were thinking of a different car.
Frank

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The seller is Kevin Dittler, not Keith. Kevin used to own many Cougars, including Rob's Q code convertible, Frank's 2 1970 Elims (428 SCJ and this Boss 302 Super drag pak), and another CJ 1970 Elim as well - which was Comp Gold and in Hemmings Muscle car mag a while back. All 4 Cougar have now been sold, and Kevin is moving to the mid-West (Tennesee?) shortly - Cougar-less. Sorry to see these cool Cougars leave Arizona, but at least they are still in good hands!

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Don---I don't know what car you are talking about BUT. The 428 SCJ car that had the Cyclone hubcaps had documentation that showed it was ordered that way. Remember, the car is an original, unrestored, numbers matching car. It won the unrestored class at Carsile in 1999 and was featured in a magazine. Everything on the car was original and documented including the hubcaps, power windows and power trunk release and the original polyglass tires. The dash block-off plate was and still is in the dash. The current owner has the original handwritten and typed dealer order forms. The car also has a six-digit DSO as it was ordered with special paint - RED - which did not materialize and the purchaser was issued a refund which is noted on the invoice.

I can only assume you were thinking of a different car.
Frank
Yes! Thanks for correcting me, got the drive-train confused, 428 SCJ it was.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts