Mercury Cougar Owners banner

My friends 67 race car.

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  dark7068 
#1 ·
I found this picture a few days ago of my friends 67 Cougar. It has been tubbed, a roll bar, just gone nuts on it, and added a 429, tunnel ram with single top, custom made headers, etc.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Not until I'm done mine. They sent me 2 plates last year, one for the Cougar and one for the Fairlane.
I kinda freaked they didnt show many Cougars and Fairlanes like they promised, and I was going to stop buying the Mustangs and Fast Mustang mag.

#6 ·
VERY NICE 67!

VERY NICE 67!

LOVE THE CAR AND DON'T THINK I DON'T NOTICE HOW MUCH WORK AND MONEY WENT INTO IT. LET US NEVER FORGET THE COUNTLESS HOURS OF LOVE AND LABOR THAT GO INTO ALL OUR PROJECTS.. COUGRRRMAN...

#7 ·
My wife found another picture of the car, this is the back view. Notice the velour door panels and interior, Big Mickey Thompson tires, and the Corvette Summer style hood. We built it in the mid 80's, it was the in style car back then. He payed for it by doing a paper route, bought the car for 500. Canadian, his mom did the interior, and we did the rest in his make shift shelter.

Attachments

#8 ·
WHERE IS IT NOW!!

WHERE IS THE CAR NOW AND IS IT STILL AS SHARP AS THE PICTURES SHOW??
COUGRRRMAN........

67 GT 4-SPEED 289 ( VINTAGE TRANS AM RACER )
69 SPORTS SPECIAL DRIVER 351 ( THE SLEEPER )
69 RESTORED CONVERTIBLE 351 (THE CRUISER )

:D

#9 ·
That is his First Cougar, he will keep it for ever he says. Last I talked to him, it was in his garage and hasnt changed. He was thinking of putting the stock front end back on if he found one, and getting a dual top for it. I dont live in the same city anymore, but I do talk to him, and will be heading there this summer to see my folks, and will make a trip to see him and will take recent pictures of it. I tell ya, that thing was a blast to drive in. It caused some accidents by people checking it out while driving, he would be driving about 35 mph and just punch it and it would lite up the MT's in a cloud of dust and just fly. Very cool memories.
He has another 67 Cougar daily driver, and is doing a resto-mod 64 Fairlane, it's going to look cool.
Ill ask him to send me some more pictures of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.