Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I still havent progressed much on the red marker rear lights other than disconecting them, which made the rear turn signals work better and brighter(running lights brighter also). But as of friday night 7-19-02 pm ....I just finished putting in a damper(haromonic balancer) on the green cat....which i bought the car the fourth of july weekend 2002 out of dallas texas.....it had to sit the past last week cause I was having a time trying to find a balancer to install, which I noticed the second week of ownership that was bad(trying to find the timing marks). I got a balancer from Rolands' Mustang out of Midland texas(west tx that is)..said it was from a 70 model 351C, so i hope it works.....Now...I really cant tell anymore vibration as to now the a/c pulleys(which spreads the belts from the main belt pulley) is vibrating..?....I did the old long screw driver trick as to put one end on the pulley bracket and listen to the other end and could tell it was coming from the pulley bracket....well of course with it off....seems okay(new-old balancer that is)....well ....I still love her (cougar) ...and cant wait to get all the bugs out so to enjoy her more.....here are some stats on the cat::: Jun/70-body 65A-COL G-TRIM 5G-AXLE 6-TRANS X-DSO 22-PROD # 563437(this all off the door tag(which looks like all the tags are on the car still(trunk, doors, under hood, etc...)seems to be and was told to me to be an all original w/88 thou miles....but no doc's(bummer)...well, new paint w/clear coat.....new dual exhaust w/glass packs(sounds real good)...and updated fixed air conditioning(134A)which works real well.....i have installed new goodyears(YES I ELECTED THE WHITEWALLS)(SORRY)...I would like to find a dash map light from someone, cause mine has a blank plate in the spot where one could be ...I just have a hunch that i could install one pretty easy.....looks to me this car has original floor mats(course i aint sure)but looks like it and in good(great)shape....circled cougars facing each other....and i like the seats also...pleated vinyl....remote mirror....and of course am radio that doesnt work.....well the horn is working only in spots....pressing the steering wheel....and now the light covers go up when the car is off...worked good the first week i bought it(bummer)....but over all appreance of the car (chrome, body, interior, etc) looks great...(GREEN)(GREEN)...BUT ...it is growing on me and several people say it looks great....ahhhhhh.......the spark plugs are going to be a pain to access with my big fat hands...but hey-thats the fun of it.....i work as an mechanice for the post office.....all day long....then come home and do the same on my new toy....ye-hah!!!!.....well i posted pictures of this cool sounding cat in this web site(they were the sellers photos)......so take a look if you would like....its been twenty years or so since i last owned a cougar....67 XR7(green also) and 67 XR7(gold).....NOW IT IS TIME AGAIN...!!!!...also dont look forward to rebuilding or working on the front end rack' stuff.....yikes!!!!....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts