Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just thought I would share my experience mind you this is for parts on my mustang not the cougar.
My experience so far has been great with these guys up untill now I have just had another largish order delivered with some damaged parts in them due to a lack of packing and quality control.1 of the items was damaged before packing as a piece had been broken off and was not in the box it arrived in therefore had to be broken before packing.
I have not had any problems before with any of my parts being damaged as they are normally all packed very well and I am sure this is a one off.
I will keep you all up to date with how CJs handle my damaged order.

Cheers Rodney

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I use them quite often. Typically the experience is great. But the last order was a little off. I ordered upper control arm shafts, one came packaged on a card, the other in a bag. All parts present. On the same order, I ordered an equalizer bushing set. It was back ordered and due the 11th of January. Shipping from them takes 2 days normally. No part on the 14th. Called and asked where the part was in the process, it just came in to the warehouse and would be shipped out Monday the 17th. Still no part on the 19th. Called back and gave the tracking number. They labelled it USPS and put it with the FedEX stuff. Now he says I'll send another one out no charge blah, blah blah, but its not in stock. Still waiting. Greg

·
Registered
913 Posts
I also bought from them, but noticed that they had raised the prices on most everything in their book by at least a dollar,including a single bolt 3.95 to 4.95. Its no wonder they have free shipping!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Love CJ Pony Parts.....

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm on my third wait this year with them and when I called they were very curt with me but admitted that when I ordered the parts they were out of stock but their website doesn't show that. I would have went somewhere else.
I received part of the order on Dec. 13th and am still waiting after twice being told the parts just arrived. I have an engine that's been sitting since before Christmas waiting for these parts.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Because I need a break from work I am going to insert my worthless 2 bits and a bit of a rant to boot :)

Sign of the times:

In this day and age of low margin, offshore knock off reproduction part wars, retail outlets continue to fall victim to the inevitable shift from customer service to "transaction completion".. Back in the day most outlets would stock a ton of everything. Markups were 80-150% easy and profits made it easier to carry inventory and give that person to person service and comitment to their clients.

Today margins are 10-30%. Trying to stay competative means shifting focus from counter side service to web based service. It means reducing warehouse size and maximizing inventory levels to provide the largest returns.. Unless you are ordering something that 10 thousand other people are ordering that month you wait.. or you get half an order and wait... or you get told it will ship in two to three days (because that is the standard response regardless of inventory levels or distriubiton center levels) and you wait..... They don't wait to take your money of course, the online transaciton ensures that the cashflow is transfered to the business within a 24hr turn around so they can buy more of those top returning parts...

I am in IT. I have been in IT for 20 years now. I lead three senior IT teams for one of the largest oil and gas companies in North America (wish I got paid what some of those oil and gas mucky mucks get..) and I watched as the business model of customer service got slowly eroded to the point of "Just answer the phone, tell them you are sorry, cut a service ticket and dispatch it to a third party contracting company who will get to it in a few days or a week...." It's the state of the world we live in. We all sanction it whether we mean to or not every time we buy a cheap rad hose at walmart instead of our local parts store.. Everytime we order something direct instead of through a mustang/Cougar parts dealer... We don't mean to but it happens. I'll pay for service, within reason, but yeah, if I can save $100 you bet I am going to.

I guess the point of this rant is that what people are describing is something I think we are all running into more and more. My only advise is when you find a company to deal with (WCC, The Mustang Shop here in Calgary) that stands behind their product, stands behind their delivery dates and doesn't require an extra pound of flesh to pad their pricing it's just another reason to make sure we all work to keep them successful :)

/rant off

:)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Amen Spartikus!
Keep the "good" shops open and they will take care of you, You are not just a number.
I am in a Customer Service Business- Dry Cleaning, no customer service, poor quaility, soon out of business. Good customer service, Great Quality, We Make it Right for the customer. I am still in business.

Lloyd

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have had the shipping delay, overall I will buy my stuff from them next time and expect delayed shipping. The free shipping is too good.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sean from CJ's has been in contact with me and has been very helpfull so far.
They have agreed to replace the damaged items which is great considering I am on the otherside of the world.
I have found some fitment issues with the windscreen pillar trims hopefully it is just requiring relocating from the original fixing points ( I will get back to you on this after I pull the dash again and try to refit).
The kickpanel spaekers that I had paid extra on top of the advertised price because they did not have the normal ones they use in stock do not fit the kickpanels.
Hopefully they can supply me with the correct fitting ones and I don't mind paying for these and I will use the other speakers elsewhere but I just don't know where.

Cheers Rodney

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
If you are trying to put Mustang A pillar mouldings on a 69 Cougar you will have problems as the Cougar had a wide pinch weld vinyl moulding that was extra thick and will interfere with Mustang trim.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Don,
But the parts are going on my 69 Sportsroof that I have been doing a full resto on over the last few years.
I refitted and removed some of the material from the rear of the pillar trims to fit yesterday and they fit to the dash quite nicely now but they still have a slight bow in them but I am very picky and I dont think anybody else would ever pick it unless they were looking for it.
I think i may just put a couple of drops of superglue on it and pullit up against the pinchweld so then it won't play on my subconscious.

Still waiting on Sean to reply to me about the speakers though it has been 3 days now and his first reply was in 24 hours hopefully he is trying to source speakers that fit for me.

Cheers Rodney

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Generally I have had no difficulties with them but all BE WARNED I have discovered that the 69 kickpanels with speakers are still being sold yet they do not have speakers available that will fit them.
I paid extra for "Rockford Fosgate" speakers as the normal ones that they use are no longer available to only find out when they arrive the speakers are not fitted and they will not fit on to the kickpanels.
Cheers Rodney

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Bottom line, just buy it all from West Coast Classic Cougar. Don's prices may not be the lowest on the planet, but he will 100% stand by what he sells, and will work with you to make it right regardless. To me, that is worth a few extra bucks any day of the week!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts