Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site, and I really need help with my cougar. It is a 1968 Cougar XR7-G. It has everything but a few parts, like the hood scoop and for lights, and I wanted to know where I might be able to purchase them. I bought this cougar for $300, and my dad helped me fix the engine. I am 15 years old, and it is my summer project, so I need help with being able to fine the parts for it. I would also like to get new front sets, where the leather is torn, but the back seats were never used. It has the original 302 4v in it, and I just wanted to get it completed and keep it stock. It would be great if you could direct me to a site that sells parts like that, and for a reasonable price, or at least that has some of the rare parts like the XR7-G caps for the wheels, and the running cougars for the sides and trunk.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Cascade Classics would be the best place to look for seats and side emblems. Also if their are any swapmeets where your at you should start heading down there to look. Good luck on the project:rolleyes:
This site really helps alot:D

·
Registered
273 Posts
cougars unlimited
autokrafters
ebaymotors
and all of the wonderful people on this site welcome to the adventure.....Lance

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Check Johns Classic cougars for center caps and pillar emblem's. I bought a set of center cap's for one of my G's and they were nice. But alittle pricey! Good Luck
Jon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, those sites/companies helped alot. i really had no idea of where to start looking. I am going to start working this sumer on it and it will be done by about the end of august. It needs alot of work, but i have nothing else to do, so that is my toy for the summer. Thanks all.

Shawn

·
Contributing Member
797 Posts
John's Classic cougar has 2 GTE repro scoops left. $110 each.

Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts